How can I identify my skin type? Each person has different kinds of skin, and to take care of it with the right treatments, you must know what type you have and ensure that it remains healthy.
It is not easy to know what type of skin we have, but reading this article will realize which one your skin belongs to its characteristics and care.
Now let’s answer the question: How can I identify my skin type? There are different types of skin:
- Normal skin.
- Dry skin.
- Oily skin.
- Combination skin.
- Sensitive skin.
- Mature skin.
It’s the ideal skin type we all want, commonly called “baby skin,” a balanced skin type.
Characteristics to know if we have normal skin.
- Its texture is soft and smooth according to age.
- Normal skin does not have open pores.
- It has good circulation and elasticity, so its tone is pink.
- There is a balance in the level of water and sebum.
- You feel a delicate skin when you touch it.
“Although it looks like perfect skin, it needs care, because carelessness can change oily skin or dry skin since it is a changing skin.
Care to preserve its qualities.
- Apply a good sunscreen.
- Drink enough water during the day.
- Sleep between 6 and 8 hours so that your body gets enough rest.
- Include fruit in your diet.
- Nourish and hydrate with treatments every night.
It is a skin that has little sebum production, has no lipids that contain moisture, and form a protective barrier against external agents.
Characteristics to know if we have dry skin:
- Its color is dull and pale. It can present scales with a tendency to crack.
- It has little presence of fat.
- Dry skin has low elasticity, which leads to premature wrinkles.
- It shows thin lines on the skin, one way to know is pulling up with the fingertips the surface; it should form subtle lines.
- Dry skin flakes or cracks easily in the presence of the sun.
- You feel a tight sensation when you wash your face with soap and water.
Care for dry skin.
- Use products that do not contain alcohol.
- Use cosmetics that provide grease and moisture.
- Avoid exposure to cold and wind.
- We recommend you to use moisturizing creams for the day with sunblock, vitamin E, vitamin A, collagen or elastin. At night apply creams with nutrients rich in vitamin C.
- Try as much as possible not to smoke to avoid drying out the skin, since it hinders the tissues’ oxygenation.
- Exfoliate the skin to remove dead cells.
It is the type of skin where there is an excessive increase in the production of sebum.
Characteristics to know if I have oily skin:
- We can see large pores with the naked eye.
- It has a thick texture, redness, and irritation.
- Also, its appearance is shiny.
- Oily skin is prone to blackheads and pimples.
- Its aging is slower.
Care for oily skin.
- Maintain a cleansing routine twice a day, with mild cleansing soap and rinse with warm water.
- Apply non-oily moisturizers.
- Ideally, exfoliate once or twice a week.
- Use products that do not clog the pores and do not cause blackheads (non-comedogenic) to remove blackheads and clean out accumulated impurities in the pores.
- The use of sunscreen should be daily, especially for this type of skin.
- The masks should be made 1 to 2 times per week.
It is the most complicated to take care of because it has an oily texture in the T zone (forehead, nose, and chin) and dry surface in the cheeks. It requires a more complicated treatment as it combines oily skin with dry skin.
How do you recognize combination skin?
Characteristics of combination skin.
- It presents pimples, granites, and dilated pores almost always in the T zone. It usually looks shiny.
- The areas around the lips and eyes, such as the cheeks, are dry.
- Open pores predominate on the face.
Care for combination skin
- Wash your entire face with a cleanser and then remove dead cells with a scrub in the T-zone.
- Use creams containing salicylic or hyaluronic acid.
- For open pores, use products with retinol.
- For dry areas, apply moisturizing masks and for oily areas an astringent.
Needs special care because they are more susceptible to stress, dry air, UV light. It requires products that strengthen its natural protection.
Characteristics of sensitive skin.
- It is sensitive to external factors.
- It turns red frequently.
Care for sensitive skin.
- Protect your skin with special creams that act against external factors.
- The products should not contain perfume because they are the cause of skin irritations.
- Do not eat spicy foods, as they affect the skin.
This type of skin has a lack of hydration and elasticity. Its regeneration is slower.
Characteristics of mature skin.
- It has less elasticity.
- Mature skin sufferers lack hydration.
- It presents expression lines, dark spots, and wrinkles.
- You have to avoid UV rays because they cause premature aging.
- To reduce wrinkles and give firmness to the contour of the eyes, it uses special creams to outline mature skin.
- Use creams that activate cell regeneration.
We have already answered the question, “How can I identify my skin type?” Now we know what type of skin we have, your health will depend on the care we offer you, and above all, observe our body.