How can I tighten my glutes at home? Do you want to eliminate the sagging of your buttocks, but don’t have time to go to the gym?
If this is your case, then this article is unique for you, because we will teach you how to harden your buttocks from home with exercises.
We will also show you some of the reasons why these exercises don’t work.
The buttocks are one of the most challenging areas of the body to shape. That happens because besides being the most massive muscle in the body, it is also where we accumulate most of our fat.
Thus, the results take longer to see than in other areas of the body where there is almost no localized fat.
How can I tighten my glutes at home?
Exercises to get hard rock buttocks at home.
- In a standing position, spread your legs across your hips.
- Bend your legs while keeping your trunk upright. The idea is to pretend that you are going to sit down and then get up.
- Perform four series of 15 repetitions.
- This type of squat has its importance when you get down; the knee should not go over the toe.
- For people who are just starting, we should do the exercise without weight.
- Do 15 repetitions for each leg.
This a perfect exercise for getting firm glutes.
- You have to spread your legs shoulder-width apart, and your feet are facing outwards.
- This position should resemble that of a sumo wrestler when you lower your stance.
- You can do four sets of 15 repetitions.
- Lie on your back with your arms stretched out against your body and your legs bent, with your knees pointing upwards.
- This exercise consists of lifting your buttocks, keeping them firm and tight.
- You must put the tops of your legs in a straight line with the trunk.
- Perform four series of 15 repetitions.
- Stand with your legs wider than shoulder-width.
- Place an object between your legs that you will lift (like a water bottle, a book bag, some weights).
- Begin to lower your thighs with your chest facing forward, placing your buttocks slightly backward as if you were going to sit down.
- Try to go down with your back as straight as possible.
- With both hands at the same time, grab the object tightly and pull it up.
- Use the strength of your legs, avoiding the arms to participate in this movement.
- Stand in front of a high surface can be a staircase, a chair, a drawer, or a bench.
- First, put one leg up on the floor and rest it on the highest surface.
- The limb on the ground will be taken off and placed next to the other leg on the most elevated surface.
- Finally, return to the starting position.
- We will do the opposite so that the same leg has been the last to rise, it will return to the floor, and then the other leg will follow.
- You put your feet together when you’re up.
- Take a full step to the side.
- Bend one knee.
- The other leg must be stretched out with the foot firmly on the floor.
- Then return to the starting position and change legs.
- Perform four sets of 15 repetitions.
Back kicks or Donkey kicks.
An easy exercise to train your glutes at home.
- In this exercise, you should raise your leg back and slowly lower it until the tip touches the ground.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Perform four sets of 10 to 12 repetitions.
- Lying on the floor with your back straight, your hands and feet firmly on the ground.
- Bend your knee carefully.
- Lift your hips as if you were bridging, hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Then return to the starting position.
- Perform four sets of 10 repetitions.
Mistakes when training your glutes and you don’t see results
How can I tighten my glutes at home? Yes, maybe you are making mistakes when you workout at home, for example:
Training only the buttocks
The glutes are not isolated from the other areas of the body, and they are part of a whole. To achieve the result, we must not forget the other muscle groups that surround it as they are:
- Arms and shoulders.
As you can see, exercises to tone up the glutes such as squats or lunges imply working in the other areas.
So if you want to have firm and toned buttocks you will need to have a strong trunk and legs.
Using excessive weight
Using too much load does not achieve results. If you lift too much weight, you get the opposite effect. One mistake you make when doing the squat is to put more weight on it than you can handle.
That will result in your knees not bending sufficiently. Instead of working on the buttocks, it will be the lower back that under pressure.
Not controlling the number of repetitions
When we do only eight repetitions, we will manage to gain more strength, but the muscle will not grow.
If you do 8 to 12 repetitions, you help the muscle grow. It is advisable not to exceed 15 repetitions. Otherwise, you will end up tiring it, and glutes growth will be slow.
Not varying the routine
The muscles stagnate if you don’t change your exercise or increase the intensity with which you do it.
Doing the same exercise does not always work the buttocks 100%; therefore, you should increase the movement and intensity to work the fibers more, making the muscle grow faster.
Training your buttocks too many times a week
The rush to get firm glutes is often a mistake. Muscle fibers need to take a break and recover from exercise.
We recommend you exercise the buttocks twice a week, and we should separate each workout by 48 hours of rest.
How can I tighten my glutes at home? To achieve firm buttocks in your home’s comfort, you must perform an effective workout with the right exercises and the right amount of repetitions.
By training for a long enough time and resting your muscle, you will tone up faster.