How to get bigger legs for females without exercise? Many women feel self-conscious about their legs, especially if they’re not as toned as they’d like them to be.
You don’t have to spend hours at the gym to get bigger legs – in fact, you probably don’t have time for that!
Follow these simple tips, and you’ll see a noticeable difference in the size of your legs in no time.
9 Tips on how to get bigger legs for females without exercise
1. Diet is vital when it comes to growing your legs
It is no secret that diet is critical for growing your legs. Eating the right foods will help you put on the muscle mass you need to achieve those enviable curves.
But what are the best foods to eat for bigger legs? Protein is essential for building muscle, so include plenty of lean meats, fish, eggs, and dairy in your diet. In addition, it would be best to consume complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and potatoes, which will give you the energy you need to power through your workouts.
And don’t forget to eat your veggies! Dark, leafy greens are packed with nutrients to help your muscles grow. (Trusted sources 1*)
A healthy weight gain diet for females who want to get bigger legs without exercise should look something like this:
- 3-4 servings of lean protein (chicken, fish, turkey, etc.)
- 2-3 servings of complex carbs (whole grains, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.)
- 1-2 servings of healthy fats (avocado, olive oil, nuts, etc.)
- Plenty of dark, leafy greens
- 1-2 servings of fruit
2-Take a multivitamin every day
Getting bigger legs without exercise may seem like an impossible task, but there are a few things you can do to help increase muscle mass.
One of the most important is to ensure you’re getting enough vitamins and minerals.
A multivitamin every day will help ensure that your body has all the nutrients it needs to build muscle. (2*)
3-Drink plenty of water
Most people know that water is essential for good health, but did you know that it can also help you achieve your fitness goals?
Drinking plenty of water helps keep your muscles hydrated and prevents them from becoming fatigued.
It also helps to flush out toxins and promote better circulation. If you’re looking to get bigger legs, aim to drink at least eight glasses of water per day.
You’ll soon see a difference in both the size and strength of your legs! (3*)
4-Get enough sleep
One of the most important things you can do to get bigger legs is to get enough sleep.
When you’re sleeping, your body can repair and rebuild muscle tissue that has been broken down during exercise.
Without enough sleep, your muscles will not have a chance to recover and grow. In addition, sleep helps regulate hormones that are essential for muscle growth.
So if you’re serious about getting bigger legs, make sure you’re getting at least 8 hours of sleep per night. (4*)
5-Stretch your legs regularly
For anyone looking to add some extra definition to their legs, stretching is a great place to start.
Stretching helps to lengthen the muscles, which can make them appear larger.
Additionally, regular stretching can help to prevent injuries and improve flexibility.
There are a variety of stretches that can be beneficial for leg development, such as hamstring stretches, calf stretches, and quadriceps stretches.
Aim to stretch for at least 10 minutes per day for best results. And be sure to hold each stretch for 30 seconds or more.
With consistent stretching, you’ll soon see an improvement in the appearance of your legs. (5*)
6-Massage your legs regularly
It is well known that massage can help to relax muscles and improve circulation.
However, few people realize that massage can also help increase your legs’ size.
By stimulating the muscles and tissues in your legs, massage can encourage the growth of new cells and lead to an increase in leg size.
In addition, massage can help break down fat cells, contributing to larger legs.
If you are looking for a way to increase the size of your legs without exercise, then make sure to add massages to your routine.
You will be surprised at how quickly you see results. (6*)
7-Take a hot bath with Epsom salts
Soaking in a hot bath is one of the most relaxing things you can do for your legs.
But did you know that it can also help to increase circulation and reduce inflammation?
Add a cup of Epsom salts to your bathtub and let your legs soak for 20 minutes. You’ll feel the difference! (7*)
8-Apply a cold compress to your legs after each bath
Apply a cold compress to your legs after each bath or shower. That will help to constrict the blood vessels and prevent inflammation.
You can either use a cold compress from the store or apply a bag of frozen peas to your legs.
Whichever you choose, make sure to wrap the compress in a towel so that you don’t injure your skin. (8*)
9-Try Yoga or Pilates
Try yoga or Pilates. These forms of exercise can help tone and strengthen your legs’ muscles without putting too much stress on the joints.
They are also great for improving flexibility and balance.
So if you’re looking for a low-impact way to get bigger legs, add yoga or Pilates to your workout routine. (9*)
7 Leg exercises to get bigger thigh muscles
If you’re looking to build bigger, more muscular thighs, hamstring curls are a great exercise to add to your routine.
These curls work the hamstring muscles on the back of the thigh – the hamstrings – and the glutes and calves.
You will need a resistance band or loop and a stability ball to do this exercise.
- Start by placing the band around your ankles and lying down on your back with your palms flat on the floor.
- Place your heels on top of the stability ball, then press your hips and glutes off the floor.
- From here, curl your legs up towards your butt, keeping your hips stable.
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat for 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
Hamstring curls are an effective exercise for building muscle and strength in your leg muscles, so be sure to add them to your leg workout routine!
The Glute Bridge is an excellent exercise for targeting the hamstring and butt muscles. You can do it with just your bodyweight or additional resistance in a barbell or dumbbell.
- To do the Glute Bridge, start by lying flat on your back with your feet flat on the ground and your knees bent.
- Then, drive your heels into the ground and raise your hips until your thighs and torso are in line.
- Hold this position before lowering your hips back to the starting position.
- Try adding weight to your hips for an added challenge before performing the Glute Bridge.
This exercise is excellent for building strength and power in the legs, so try it next time you’re looking to build bigger, more muscular legs.
Lunges are an excellent exercise for targeting quads, glutes, and hamstrings. They can be done with just your bodyweight or additional resistance in dumbbells or a barbell.
- To perform a lunge, start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step forward with one leg and lower your body until your front thigh is parallel to the ground and your back knee is close to touching the ground.
- Push off with your front leg and return to the starting position.
- Repeat with the other leg and continue alternating legs for 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
Lunges are an excellent exercise for building strength and power in the legs, so add them to your leg workout routine!
Squats are one of the most effective exercises for targeting quads, glutes, and hamstrings.
They can be done with just your bodyweight or additional resistance in dumbbells or a barbell.
- To do a squat, start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body down into a squatting position, then press back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
Deep squat pulses exercises for legs
If you want to take your squats up a notch, try adding deep squat pulses to your routine.
To do this exercise, start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
Lower your body down into a squatting position, then pulse up and down in this position for 30 seconds.
The lower leg comprises three main muscle groups: the quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves.
While the quads and hamstrings are responsible for most of the leg’s power and bulk, the calf muscles play an essential balance and stability.
However, the calves are one of the most complex muscle groups to develop for many people. One effective exercise for building bigger calf muscles is the calf raise.
- To do this exercise, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and place your hands on a sturdy surface for balance.
- Slowly raise your heels until you’re standing on your toes, hold for a count of two, and then lower back down.
- Start with three sets of 10-15 reps and gradually increase the number of sets and reps as you get stronger.
Standing Hip Abduction
The standing hip abduction is an excellent exercise for targeting the muscles outside your thighs.
- To do this exercise, stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Keeping your knees straight, lift your left leg out to the side as high as possible.
- Hold for a count of two, then lower your leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat 10-12 times, then switch sides and repeat with your right leg.
You can add resistance by holding a dumbbell in each hand as you get stronger. This exercise is a great way to get thicker legs!
Leg presses are a great exercise for muscle growth by targeting the quads, glutes, and hamstrings.
They can be done with just your body weight or additional resistance in weight plates or dumbbells.
- To do a leg press, start by sitting in a leg press machine with your back against the padded support and your feet shoulder-width apart on the footplate.
- Unlock the safety levers and press the footplate away from you, extending your legs in front of you.
- Pause for a count of two, then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
This exercise is excellent for building strength and power in the legs, so add it to your leg workout routine!
You can add cardio exercises to your routine to help you lose fat and get leaner legs. Cardio exercises such as running, biking, or stair climbing will help burn calories and fat all over your body, including your legs.
Aim for 30-60 minutes of cardio exercise 3-5 times per week for best results.
There you have it! These are just a few exercises that you can do to get bigger, more muscular legs. Remember, though, that exercise is just one part of the equation.
The bottom line
So, there you have it! Nine scientifically-backed tips to help you achieve thicker thighs without hitting the gym and getting rid of your skinny legs.
Of course, these are just guidelines. Everyone’s body is different and will respond differently to various methods.
Be sure to experiment until you find what works best for you. And don’t forget to check out our other posts for more helpful advice on everything from healthy eating habits to practical exercises for bigger legs. Thanks for reading, and happy growing!
DISCLAIMER: buildyourbody.org does not provide medical advice, examination, or diagnosis.
Medically reviewed and approved by Nataniel Josue M D.