The best training for women when starting at the gym
Routine for beginner girls
Getting started in a gym and starting to have a fitness life is a task that takes time and dedication. In this article, we will show you a routine for beginner girls who want to change their lifestyle and improve their health.
Also, exercise is a great help to keep us in shape. You should also accompany this with proper nutrition, daily details, plus training to help us maintain appropriate welfare for our body.
Routine for beginner girls in the gym
It is also a question of achieving optimum development in our environment that is as healthy as possible.
However, women have a different organism than men, which means that their exercise must be changed.
A routine for beginner women has to make us burn fat and gain strength in specific places.
Something that usually happens is that going to the gym is something that gives you a new and strange feeling.
That is because most of them are made up of men, without forgetting that they have a lot of machines and equipment that you won’t have any idea what they are for and how to use them.
However, this is not the time to repent. It is a crucial moment to learn and explore these new experiences.
Fitness routines for beginner girls should be demanding, but simple. Initially, the body is about getting used to the new physical activity.
That’s why it’s normal for your muscles and joints to hurt during the first week.
How to start at the gym?
- At first, you need a simple but effective program. You must do the entire program on the same day. That should consist of basic exercises designed to work a specific area of the body.
- For the first three months, I suggest you train three days a week. That will allow you to experience fitness without undue fatigue.
- Learning the technique of the exercises is critical. That is done during the first three months, discovering how the weights move better. That is crucial if you are a beginner.
- Warm-up properly in each of your sessions. You can do this externally by taking a warm shower or bath first or internally by stretching carefully and doing light activities.
- Warm-up properly before each exercise. When you start each exercise, always use a lightweight to warm up the muscles for that particular movement.
- Take it easy at first. Doing too much at first can delay progress and over train before your system adjusts to overloads. Sleep, rest, and recovery are essential for beginners.
How much weight should I use?
As a beginner, you should use light weights or even just your bodyweight so that you can learn the technique and not get hurt or have excessive stiffness.
For example, in squats, you should do 12 to 15 repetitions. If you can do 20 with ease, the weight is too light.
If you’re only capable of doing 6, the weight is too heavy. You always have to adjust it to your capacity and needs.
How many exercises do I have to do?
An average beginner will learn the fundamental exercise techniques quite well in a month or so. After that time, you will be able to do more complicated exercises such as heavy squats or dumbbell openings.
- Do one to three different exercises for each muscle group.
- Perform a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 or 4 sets per exercise.
- The repetitions should range between 10 and 15. In calves and abdominals, you can do many more.
- I recommend that after the cardio, you start with a large muscle group such as the legs.
What exercises should I do?
A beginner should only do basic exercises to develop the whole body and acquire the technical basis necessary to continue with more advanced programs.
If you train three alternate days per week and do one to three sets per exercise, I suggest that you do no more than 10 to 11 basic exercises.
The best exercises for a girl who starts in the gym are:
- The squats.
- Biceps curl.
- Triceps extensions.
- Dorsal pull-down.
- Peck Deck machine.
You must do the exercises in a specific order, starting with those that require more energy.
Gym routine for women to lose weight and tone for 3 days, exercise table.
This routine for beginners is for three days. You can distribute them as you want, always with a rest in between.
We always recommend that when you start in the gym, you train on alternate days during the first month.
For example, it would be ideal for training on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, resting on Tuesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
That will be the table you should follow during the first month of training in the gym. In the second one, we will change it for greater effectiveness.
TRAINING WORKOUT FOR BEGINNER WOMEN
Before starting the next routine, it is necessary to warm up.
The purpose of warming up is that your body can perform the training in a safer way and with more energy. It also helps prevent injuries or cramps.
After warming up, rest for a few minutes to stabilize your heart rate.
Also remember to do 2 to 4 minutes of rest between each exercise, take advantage of this time to hydrate.
In total, we will do 20 minutes of cardiovascular exercises. That, apart from making us burn calories, will serve as a warm-up.
- Ten minutes on the treadmill.
- Five minutes of rope jumps.
- Do five minutes on the exercise bike.
In this exercise, the most important thing is to use the right technique, do not use weight until you do it in the right way.
The execution of the exercise will be like this:
- Stand with your feet open at shoulder level and your back straight.
- Never lean forward or backward.
- Pull your shoulders back for stability.
- Slowly descend to an angle of fewer than 90 degrees (as in the picture).
- Return to the starting position by squeezing the upper legs and buttocks.
- Perform three sets of 20 repetitions.
In this exercise, we work the whole leg. If you have difficulty doing it, we recommend that you do it in the second month of training.
The execution would be this way:
- Perform this exercise without weight and with the above technique for the squat.
- Stand with your back straight and your feet open as wide as your shoulders.
- We go down like squats.
- When we go up, we take a small jump (not uncomfortable or excessive).
- Perform ten jumping squats, two sets.
In this exercise we will also work the whole leg and buttocks, we recommend that you do it without weight until you master the technique.
The execution will be the following one:
- Stand up with your spine upright and your feet considerably more extensive than the width of your shoulders and your toes pointing outwards.
- Go down until your legs go below the 90-degree angle.
- Go back up to the starting position.
- Tighten your legs and buttocks at the top.
- Do fifteen sumo squats, three sets.
This exercise is fundamental to have toned and beautiful arms.
The execution of this exercise is simple:
- Stand up with your back upright, leave your arms relaxed at hip level, and a dumbbell in each hand.
- Raise the dumbbells until you bend your arms completely with your elbows close to your body.
- Contract them when you get to the top.
- Return to the starting position without dropping the weight, lower slowly.
- Use little weight until you do the technique correctly.
- We will do 20 dumbbell repetitions, five sets
Assisted Triceps Extension
In this exercise, you will work on the back of your arms. This area is essential so that we do not fall and look flabby and flabby.
The execution will be this way:
- You have to grab the machine handles with your hands, elbows as close to your body as you can.
- Climb up with your triceps until your arms are straight.
- Slowly lower without dropping your body weight.
- Three sets of 15 repetitions.
In this movement, you will strengthen the muscles of your back. Always use a moderate weight that allows you to complete the marked repetitions.
- Take the bar with a wide grip than the width of your shoulders with your arms outstretched.
- Pull down the bar to your chest with your back straight.
- When you make the downward movement, pull with your elbows, never with your arms. That will make you concentrate the force on your back.
- Slowly raise the bar making resistance, do not let it rise suddenly.
- Do three sets of 15 repetitions.
Peck Deck machine
This exercise will allow us to work the pectoral muscles. Thus we will strengthen them and will help us to have the breasts more elevated and turgid.
The execution of this exercise is as follows:
- Take hold of the machine with your arms as open as you can without it being annoying.
- Put your back straight with your chest out.
- Join your hands by contracting your chest muscles.
- Return to the starting position slowly without dropping the weight.
- Three sets of 15 repetitions.
That exercise is a great isometric one to work out our abdominal muscles and our core.
The execution of the exercise will be like this:
- Facedown with your elbows resting on the floor, your legs a little apart, and forming a straight line with your body.
- Concentrate on contracting the muscles of the abdominal area.
- You have to maintain this position for 20 seconds.
- Perform three sets of 20 seconds.
That is a classic exercise but no less effective. We will work out the abdominal area ultimately but focusing a little more on the upper part.
This exercise will be like this:
- We lie on our backs with our hands at the nape of our neck, and our knees slightly bent.
- You have to lift your head and shoulders carefully off the floor.
- Return to the starting position.
- Complete 20 crunch abdominals, 5 series.
Another great exercise to strengthen the entire abdominal area.
- Facedown with your arms stretched out, and your hands are resting on the floor. It also supports the toes.
- Bring your left knee forward, almost touching your elbow.
- Return the leg to its original position.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- 25 mountain climber, two sets.
To begin with, I have to tell you that this is one of the critical points, but most forgotten of all routine, performing a good stretch in the final part of the routine is very important to avoid the hardening of the muscles.
In short, this is the moment when the body goes into relaxation and conditioning to have a better rest.
As these are short movements, you can give yourself the freedom to perform the moves that will most allow you to release the tension in the muscles.
Finally, you have to know that slow breathing is essential at all times to keep the muscles oxygenated.
Finally, keep in mind that fitness is not only about exercising, you must also change your bad habits and have a proper diet, this will help you not only have an optimal state of your body, but also mental.
You must also bear in mind that when you start in a gym, you must always have patience and be very persistent. The best things take time, so never give up.
With this beginner routine, you will begin to feel good and shape your body. If you want to know how to have a beautiful body shape I leave you a link to our article “How to have a body of model”.